Waffle Flower Guest Designer - Pastels Challenge

I'm jumping for joy over here because I have the wonderful honor of being a guest designer and co-host for the new Waffle Flower Crafts challenge starting today! 


I'm super excited to be co-hosting this challenge alongside the talented Channin and Elle. 
The theme for this week's Waffle Flower challenge is Pastels! ðŸ’œðŸ’œ

I love all the gorgeous colors during a sunset so for this challenge I decided to make a pastel colored sunset sky with kids cheering in matching pastel colors.  Here is my take on the pastels challenge:
Supplies used:
Waffle Flower Crafts Yippee stamp set
Waffle Flower Crafts Bold Alpha die
Waffle Flower Crafts Little Artists stamp set 
Waffle Flower Crafts Keeway's Grass Scene stencil

To start things off, I stamped and colored the cheerful kids from the Waffle Flower Crafts Yippee stamp set with pastel shaded copic markers, and cut out my colored images.  

Then I made the letters for my signs using the Waffle Flower Crafts Bold Alpha die set and white card stock.  After I cut out my diecut letters, I colored them using pastel colored copics to match the colors I used to color the kids.
(I set aside my colored letters and kids which by the way happened to fit perfectly in my Waffle Flower Mixed Media Mat waterwells!)

To make the signs for my letters, I stamped the frames from the Waffle Flower Crafts Little Artists stamp set, and then colored the inside of the frame with matching pastel colored copics.  
Then I cut off the outer part of the frames and glued my diecut letters to the center of the frames.

Next, I made by background for my card using Waffle Flower Crafts Keeway's Grass Scene stencil to blend Twisted Citron and Bundled Sage Distress Oxide inks to make the grass.  Then I blended Shaded Lilac, Kitsch Flamingo, Squeezed Lemonade, and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Inks for the sky to match the pastel colors I used to color my stamped images.  

I glued my colored images onto my blended background to spell out the word "HOORAY."  Next, I mounted the card panel onto a piece of black cardstock leaving a thin black edge around my card panel.  Then I mounted that onto my white card base. And to finish my card I added white highlights to my letters and colored images using a white gel pen.

Here's another look at my pastel sunset rainbow card.

I hope that you join in the fun and enter the Waffle Flower Pastel challenge!  You have until Thursday April 8 to enter!  You can enter using the hashtag #WFC2104W1 on Instagram, on the Waffle Flower Garden Facebook group page, or on the Link Party over on the Waffle Flower Crafts website.

I can't wait to see all your beautiful pastel creations!

Crafty hugs,
Beata June 💛💛

Comments